HP expanded its Total Care initiative for small and midsize businesses (SMBs) with several new products, solutions and services that reduce costs, improve productivity and enhance efficiency.
To help SMB customers keep their businesses up and running with less capital and fewer employees and technology resources, HP has introduced infrastructure offerings including storage, virtualization, remote access and consolidation solutions.
“In today’s economic climate, SMBs need technology solutions that take out costs while helping drive even greater competitive advantage so they can survive and thrive,” said Kathy Chou, vice president, Worldwide Small and Medium Business Strategy, HP. “Through our Total Care initiative, HP is helping customers achieve their business goals.”
Customers can better manage data growth while reducing the complexity and costs of storage through:
* The HP StorageWorks X1000 and X3000 Network Storage Systems unify file and application storage to simplify storage infrastructures. With a single, unified system, SMBs do not need to invest in separate storage systems for file and database data. The new network-attached storage solutions provide up to 35 percent more usable capacity through file deduplication while also increasing file serving performance by up to 30 percent.
* The HP StorageWorks 2000i and 2000sa G2 Modular Smart Arrays feature 2.5-inch, small form factor drives that increase storage capacity by up to 33 percent per unit of rack space. They also reduce power requirements up to 50 percent.
“AMI has surveyed thousands of SMBs over the past 10 months and the results show that to survive in this economy, taking costs out of their business and improving data management are high on their agendas,” said Anil Miglani, senior vice president of strategy consulting firm AMI Partners. “SMBs need products and solutions designed from the ground up to help them meet these goals while also focusing on growing their business. HP is well-positioned to help SMB customers thrive in this economy because of its comprehensive Total Care portfolio.”
To further help customers protect and grow their businesses, HP unveiled:
* The HP Virtualization Bundle, the industry’s first integrated solution that allows SMBs to more easily and cost-effectively deploy virtualization by transforming existing server disk drives into highly available shared storage. The bundle allows customers to reduce costs up to 35 percent by eliminating the need for external storage to support application high availability. The bundle includes HP server, storage and networking technology as well as integrated virtualization software from HP and VMware.
* HP Secure Remote Access solutions, which help reduce costs, eliminate business disruptions and maximize sales opportunities for SMBs with mobile workforces. These solutions, powered by Citrix XenApp Fundamentals, allow mobile workers to maintain constant and secure connections with critical business applications regardless of their location or connectivity device. As part of the solutions, which include servers, storage, networking, PCs and printers, HP is offering SMB channel partners discounted servers and storage through the HP SmartBuy program. Additionally, partners can take advantage of a one-year free trial of Citrix XenApp Fundamentals.
* The recently unveiled HP 4410t Mobile Thin Client, which provides enhanced security access to server-based computing and reduces IT workload while providing the mobility of a notebook. With improved data security, easy manageability, no hard drive, fewer moving parts and lower power consumption, this thin client reduces SMBs’ carbon footprint and costs.
HP solutions deliver cost, energy and time savings
To help customers reduce costs, improve productivity and more efficiently manage data and operations, HP announced:
* The HP Total Care Branch Office Consolidation solutions, which offer customizable configurations of servers, storage, networking, PCs and printers to help SMBs significantly reduce the time needed to consolidate multiple branch sites into a single location. According to an IDC white paper, the solutions can reduce total technology costs by up to 25 percent when combined with improved technology practices.
New printing solutions deliver professional-quality output at significant cost and energy savings versus competing laser printers:
* Saving up to 50 percent on energy consumption with HP Instant-on Technology, (7) the HP LaserJet Enterprise P3010 Printer series ($549-$999) is a high-performance networked printer for businesses needing to print high volumes with added protection for confidential documents on a variety of media types.
* Through HP Smart Template Printing, SMBs can save time and money by printing marketing materials and business documents on free, customizable templates at the touch of a button from a PC or notebook.
* The HP Officejet 6000 Printer series ($89-$119) delivers professional-quality prints at fast speeds, offers up to 40 percent less cost per page and energy use than comparable laser printers. The series also was recently classified as “Highly Reliable” by Buyers Laboratory Inc.
* The HP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer ($229) is HP’s first entry-level, wide-format printer with individual inks. Ideal for creating business documents and marketing collateral, it delivers professional color documents and photo-quality, borderless prints at the lowest cost per page versus in-class inkjets.
As part of the HP Eco Solutions program, the three new printers are ENERGY STAR qualified and use significantly less energy than competitive laser printers based on several key environmental attributes listed on the HP Eco Highlights label.
HP also announced the new HP Scanjet N6350 Networked Flatbed Document Scanner ($899), a simple-to-use, versatile page scanner with integrated networking expected to be available for purchase worldwide in June.
New collaborations and solutions drive growth
HP is providing value-added resellers (VARs) and channel partners with new revenue-generating opportunities by expanding its cloud computing services through agreements with Cobweb and Cast Iron.
* Cobweb, a leader in hosting services, enables VARs in the United Kingdom to offer private-label Microsoft solutions via the cloud to SMBs. The pay-as-you-go model allows SMBs to efficiently run their business with fewer resources.
* Measuring just over 1-inch thick and starting at 2.33 pounds, the HP Mini 1101 Notebook PC, introduced yesterday, is an ideal companion PC for SMBs and frequent business travelers. The Mini 1101 offers a 10.1-inch diagonal standard or optional high-definition (HD) LED widescreen display, a keyboard that is 92 percent the size of a standard notebook PC keyboard, and a built-in webcam and microphone. Mobile SMB workforces can choose optional integrated HP Mobile Broadband, which allows access to the Internet, corporate intranets, email and critical business information in more places around the world.
* The recently introduced HP ProBook s-series is ideal for small businesses seeking the best combination of business features, functionality and value. The series incorporates a choice of finishes, a mercury-free design and HD LED backlit displays in a variety of screen sizes. It also includes a set of professional innovations previously found only on higher-priced models. To help keep energy costs down, the portfolio holds an Electronic Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) gold rating and is ENERGY STAR qualified.
To help SMBs deploy their technology solutions while also conserving capital, HP Financial Services is offering flexible leasing and financing options. Recommendations from HP Financial Services on how SMBs can make the most of their technology budget are available in the white paper “Leasing helps small, midsized companies stretch their IT investment dollars.”
Additional information about HP’s new offerings to help SMBs thrive in challenging times is available in an online press kit at www.hp.com/go/smallbusiness2009.