Cloud Service Providers, Cloud Consultants, Cloud Start Up’s as well as Cloud Customers and Innovators of all sectors are invited to apply with their convincing Cloud services.
Subject of this competition are Cloud Services on the Luxembourg market place, whatever their specific shape is. Applications are welcome for IaaS- , PaaS- or SaaS-services, either in public, private or hybrid cloud environments, either from established Cloud providers or from Start Up’s.
A specific focus is set to Cloud Consultants who are supporting their customer’s transformation process towards cloud services on basis of a proven and successful methodology.
But also cloud customers are invited to apply, who successfully introduced cloud services to their company and who achieved a most positive business impact enabled by the cloud services introduced.
The Luxembourg Cloud Awards 2017 Categories Details:
While the specific criteria per category as described below will be in focus when reviewed by the expert jury from all participating countries, the general quality, the professionalism and completeness of the application will be of relevance as well.
Categories for Cloud Service Providers:
- Best Cloud Service Providers
This open category caters to cloud services for horizontal and vertical markets. Among the specific characteristics that will be determined is the ability of the horizontal cloud services to be used in different branches (e.g. CRM, ERP, Online Storage, Archiving etc.) while fulfilling best requirements for achieving wide market acceptance. Moreover, among the specific characteristics that will be determined is the ability of the vertical cloud services to fulfil the specific requirements of a particular branch or market sector (e.g. Logistics, Public Sector, Agriculture, Chemical Industries, Manufacturing etc.) while fulfilling best requirements for achieving wide market acceptance. Further, the provided functionality offered through strong connectivity and interoperability and a particularly effective use of required data center resources. Of course the provided services need to comply with the requirements regarding data security and data privacy in relation to customer’s data sensitivity and compliance.
- Best Cloud Services provided by Start-Up CSP’s
We are looking for start-up companies three years or younger, distinguishing themselves with innovative and future-oriented cloud services. A particular focus is given to the originality and creativity of the solution. Among the specific characteristics that will be determined in this category are the specific customer benefits enabled by the service, their scalability according to customer’s requirements. A further focus is given by the Goto Market Realization and Growth rate of the Start Up Company. Further, the provided functionality offered through strong connectivity and interoperability and a particularly effective use of required data center resources. Of course the provided services need to comply with the requirements regarding data security and data privacy in relation to customer’s data sensitivity and compliance.
Category for Cloud Consultants:
- Best Business Impact provided by Cloud Services
This category is aiming for companies as cloud customers, who have successfully deployed cloud services and significantly benefited from their use in practice. The achieved user-benefits that companies have obtained whilst using cloud services will be examined. Those benefits can be achieved in various ways: By efficiency gains – such as, for example, through higher productivity or process speed, by achieved competitive advantage or (a percentage of) cost advantages.
- Best Cloud Transformation Methods
In this new category companies are invited, who provide first class consultancy services to support customers transformation and migration processes towards the utilization of cloud services. This challenging goal shall be achieved by proven methodologies and tools and shall ensure compliance conformity and a proper handling of potential business impacts for the customer. Expertly and punctual execution of the consulting service shall also be taken into account.
If you would like to apply for the Luxembourg Cloud Awards, please first read the following information.
Luxembourg Cloud Awards 2017 Application Procedure Terms and Conditions and Requirements for Entry
Who can apply?
- Any company with headquarters or at least one office in Luxembourg who offers its products or services to the Luxembourg market, can apply for the Luxembourg Cloud Awards.
- Companies who apply for the Start-Up category must not have been active on the market for more than three years.
- For the Cloud Service Users category, every company using a specific cloud service can apply. There is a requirement, however, that the cloud service has been operational for at least 6 months and has completed an underlying cloud service provider contract. The provider’s headquarters, or at least one of their offices, should be located in Luxembourg.
- The winners of the Luxembourg Cloud Awards are automatically entered into the Cloud Community Europe Awards, unless participation will explicitly declined in writing.
- All applications for the Cloud Community Europe Award 2017 must be submitted in English.
Is a membership with Cloud Community Europe – Luxembourg a requirement for participation?
- A membership to Cloud Community Europe – Luxembourg is not a requirement for applying, but of course warmly welcomed.
Are there fees involved with applying?
- The application for the Luxembourg Cloud Awards 2017 is free of charge.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- All application documents, data and presentations will be kept confidential byCloud Community Europe – Luxembourg and the jury members and will only be used for purposes of application processing, assessment and presentation as part of the award ceremony.
- Any further use will be subject of prior approval by the applicant.
Nominees and winners are determined by the jury. The decision is final. Should a category receive less than three applications, Cloud Community Europe – Luxembourg reserves the right not to award any company for that category.
The jury is composed of independent experts from different cloud expertise and distinction.
The application process consists of an online application form which you will find on:
Deadline for application: 30th March 2017
These should include:
- The CCEL application form in .pdf format (mandatory)
- The CCEL registration form in .pdf format (mandatory)
- Your application presentation in .pdf format including a brief profile of your cloud services/your company ( 1 A4 page), a statement that distinguishes your cloud service / company and why your company should win the award (maximum one A4 page). You are free to present in whatever style or design you feel is most appropriate, but your presentation should contain meaningful and useful information that aims at convincing our judges you should be a winner. Familiarise yourself with the above criteria and make it transparent, why your service or your company has earned a Luxembourg Cloud Award (maximum 10 pages).
Save your application as follows:
CCEL_Awards_2016_<abbreviation of the category you apply for>_<name of your company>
Abbreviation for the categories (only for the purpose of saving the docs):
SerPro: Best Cloud Service Provider
Startup: Best Cloud Service provided by Start Up CSP’s
TransMet: Best Cloud Transformation Methods
Impact: Best Business Impact provided by Cloud Services
Please send separate .pdf file for each category you apply for.
Important: Your application can be in English or French. But in case of winning the “Luxembourg Cloud awards” the application has to be translated in English in order to participate to the European contest. The award ceremony will be held on 04/05/2016, at the “Golden-i” Gala in an exclusive setting.
I have read and accept the terms and conditions of the contest